PS4 firmware 7.00
- The maximum number of people who can join a party has been increased from eight to 16.
- Chat transcription has been added and accessibility has been improved. While in a party use the PS4 Second Screen app on your smartphone or other mobile device to convert party voice chat to text or to enter text to have it read aloud to other party members. This feature only works in English and is only available on PS4 systems sold in certain regions.
- Network connectivity has been improved.
- Audio quality of voice chat has been improved.
- Remote Play can now be used on more devices. Besides Xperia devices, Remote Play can now be used on other smartphones and tablets running Android 5.0 or higher. Download the PS4 Remote Play app from Google Play to use this feature. Additionally, for mobile devices running Android 10, you can now connect a DualShock 4 wireless controller via Bluetooth for Remote Play.
- When using Remote Play on an iPhone or iPad, you can now do the following things. Select Settings on the Remote Play screen to switch to these settings.
- -iPhone or iPad: The controller can now be displayed at all times.
- -iPhone: You can now lock the screen orientation.
You can now use a DualShock 4 wireless controller via Bluetooth for Remote Play on an iPhone, iPad, or iMac. Update to the following OS to use this feature.
- iOS 13
- iPadOS 13
- macOS Catalina